Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My low tech fitness band

 Last night I read a wonderful blog post by Lucky Lady LaFrance about how she is using her new fitness band to count her steps into a more physically fit new year.  First, I need to thank Erica for being an inspiration to me to make my own blog a little more physically fit, colorful, and lively.
   Mover and shaker that I am, I have been employing my fitness band long before the electronic ones were ever invented.  Erica posted a picture of her band displaying a red line that tells her when she hasn't been moving around enough.

Mine has the same function.  I call it the Oyster Not-So-Perpetual.
A cherished treasure of the salad days, I have been using my Oyster Not-So-Perpetual fitness band for nearly 20 years.  This is how it works, or doesn't:  I wake up in the morning and put it on.  When I take my daily run, I refer to it as "winding my watch."  If I don't move around enough, my Not-So warns me by slowing down and losing time. How's that for a fitness band? It exudes both beauty and functionality.  If I fail to wear it, it stops altogether, silently demanding my attention.  It's a lovely piece of jewelry that tells time, sort of.  One thing it never fails to do is to remind me of just how grateful I am for all of the abundance in my life. And thanks to Erica I was reminded of its value to my own low tech fitness routine. 
In addition to that, I am also reminded that I need to employ the social media matrix more broadly. So, please follow me on twitter and instagram and make sure to visit Lucky Lady LaFrance's inspiring blog.

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome post. Really very informative and creative. This sharing concept is a good way to enhance the knowledge. Thank you very much for this post. I like this site very much. You can visit here. wearable technologies is exploding world wide. For information, reviews and fun facts about wearable technology, fitbit sleep tracker and best fitness band etc.

    ReplyDelete