Sunday, October 11, 2015

31 Days - Day 11

What a glorious fall day!  I took a nice row, one of the last of the season, and the pond was just beautiful.  A little breezy so I stayed in the lee on the south side (that you see in this picture).
I'd brought a barebones set of old nu-pastels and a few Terry Ludwigs (not any darks, unfortunately) and set out to make the daily painting. 
So, I decided to just paint a bit of the view from the deck.  I made a real simple underpainting, but didn't have any alcohol to fix it, but I did have some Bombay gin in the cupboard...
It reminded me of the time I'd mistakenly used witch hazel instead of alcohol.  There was a slippery quality, kind of greasy. The Bombay underpainting had a slightly oily quality to it.

SIDEBAR: What gives regular Bombay its unique complex flavor?  Spanish almonds, lemon peel, licorice, juniper berries, orris root, angelica, coriander, and cassia bark.
Lemon peel is a little oily and almonds have fat, so I'm guessing that might make it a little oiler than rubbing alcohol.

So I made this 5x5 number.  But, as I said, there would be some humbling posts here, and this is one. Since it was a lost cause, I schmooed it and took the picture in a different light.
5x5 Abortion on Uart 500




No comments:

Post a Comment