Monday, October 5, 2015

31 Days - Day 5

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  I did have a disclaimer at the beginning of this project  that said, if there's not a finished painting at the end of the day, there would at least be a Teaching Nelson Telson curriculum coloring page or an underpainting.  That said, I have both.

Since it's getting cold, I am also getting ready to move my teaching operation back into the house - which means I need to clean and organize the boxes I use with the kids.  The last time I did it, my BFFitWWW (that's Best Friend in the Whole Wide World) Patsy Hamel helped me.  We took the entire New Year's weekend of 2012.

I must say, the kids have done a pretty good job over the past nearly 3+ years keeping the colors and values where they need to be, but not quite.  And they are so dirty.

So I took a screen and shop vac to the boxes.  They're still really dirty but not so much so.

But in the meantime, I knew I had to make a painting.  So, on Pastelmat light gray I started one.  
Oh, but wait.  Before that I made a coloring page for the Teaching Nelson Telson curriculum.  This counts as #5 of 31!
Here's the underpainting of the next work:
Pastelmat is so different than the supports I usually use.  It sucks the stuff in...
I vacuumed them out. Here's how far I got with the boxes:

Tomorrow, it's the organizing.  Sounds easy unless you have 100% color acuity.

By the end of the day, this will be tomorrow's painting.
"No Giant" Get it?







No comments:

Post a Comment