Sunday, October 25, 2015

Road to Hell - Days 23-25

Well, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  Here it is Sunday, and I'm 3 days behind.  But I have actually created some stuff, just not the promised Painting-a-Day.  But since I'm in this for the month-long haul, I will make my report before I get too far behind.

Come to find out, kids from North Dakota don't know nearly as much about boats as we coastal peeps.  Lars' class of future science teachers gave me a big list of words and terms from chapter 2 of Nelson Telson, so I'm making a coloring page with a "pictionary" of terms as the word bank (a new term to me), so they can fill in the blanks on the page.  Heck, they didn't know what a dinghy is! Here's what I've done so far:
Looking at this now, I see I need to add a tiller to the sailboat. So, I'll make a list of words with pix and brief explanations (like definitions, but not so dry) and I might even put them into a narrative.  This is a work in progress, but it must suffice for day 23.

For Day 24 I have this photo I took in prep for another little series of square paintings which I will call "Pathology." 

And here is a piece of matte board that I coated with gesso and pumice and tinted with acrylic paint.
It's got kind of a Motherwell feel to it, no? Ha ha. 
I was hoping to get an underpainting but all I got was a sketch.

Does apple cake count as a creation? 

Here's the recipe:

These are approximate measurements. Grease and flour 9x12 pan or two 9-inch rounds 

The cake:
1⁄2-3/4 cup veg or light olive oil 
4 cups roughly diced apples
2 big eggs or 3 small ones
2 t cinnamon

a splash of vanilla (say 2 t)
2 cups flour – I used half and half white and whole wheat 

2 tsp baking soda, a little salt
about 1/2 c of shredded coconut

Mix oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla in big bowl. Toss in apples.
Mix up the flour and baking soda, and stir in, and then add coconut. Add nuts if you want to.

BAKE at 350 for about 50 mins.
Then I put chopped walnuts on top to bake.
When it comes out, I put a smattering of coconut and walnuts on top. And then put the icing on top when it comes out of the oven.  Sometimes I don't bother.


ICING:
1 cup brown sugar 2/3 stick of butter vanilla
3 TBS milk

boil it up stirring until icing and put on top of the hot cake. 





1 comment:

  1. This earth, dear, is only a testing ground to see where we stand at the Final Judgment cuzz, as you very well know, Mrs. Gorgeous One, 1-outta-1 passes away... which brings us to our story:

    I know this is totally off-topic, yet, lemme fill-you-up withe 'avant-gardeness' necessary to reach Seventh-Heaven, for not everyone has the moxie in the cranium, dear...

    Greetings, earthling. Find-out where we went on our journey far, far away like the synonyMOUSE metaphors which shall creeep stealthily across thy brain bringing U.S. together...

    See also if you cannot 'read-between-the-lines' -or- VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI (Latin: words to the wise): here's summore symbiotically-explosive-coolness done in sardonic satires when we passed-away...

    Here's what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Go git'm, girl. You're incredible.
    See you Upstairs...
    I won't be joining them in the Abyss.
    Thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete